Can same-sex couples that are unable to divorce in their home jurisdiction be granted a divorce in Ontario?

As long as the marriage was valid in the jurisdiction in which the marriage took place, Bill C-32, the Civil Marriage of Non-residents act allows same-sex couples to divorce, even if they are unable to be granted a divorce in their home jurisdiction.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *